You are here
Update RE recent changes to elective procedures:- We are reviewing all referrals prior to booking appointments so we can prioritise patients depending on urgency. Please send your referral to email@example.com OR fax to 3861 4897. We are receiving a very high volume of referrals and appreciate your patience as we work through this busy period. We are working on strategies to manage the backlog of procedures that were cancelled due to the recent restrictions. (Note that hospitals still need to manage PPE supply and social distancing regulations)
Consultations: We are conducting many follow ups over the phone. If there are any changes to your appointment, we will be in contact with you to make the necessary arrangements. Due to the constantly changing environment, we are not making any changes too far in advance. We will be in touch closer to your appointment date.
Please phone (07) 3861 4866 to book all appointments (option 1). Please keep in mind that not all our Doctor’s visit every hospital. Please see below for further information on which doctors visit each location
When you phone to book an appointment please have your referral, Medicare and Health Fund card and your calendar easily accessible. You will be asked which Doctor the appointment is to be booked with (if specified) and what type of appointment is required (eg. Open-access procedure or consultation).
Our office hours are from 9am to 4:30pm, Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 2:30pm on Friday. (temporarily shortened during COVID-19 crisis)
It is essential that we always have a current referral on file for each visit. This can be obtained through your GP or referring specialist. Please be aware that referrals from GP’s must be used within 12 months from the date of the referral and will remain current for 12 months from your initial appointment. Referrals from specialists must be used within 3 months from the date of the referral and will remain current for 3 months from your initial appointment. If you require a follow up appointment please check with our reception staff to see if you will need another referral for your next visit. It is the responsibility of the patient to ensure there is a current referral for each appointment.
Please be aware that the Doctors work on a four week rotating roster. Below is a list of the locations each Doctor visits:
Pre-colonoscopy Nurse appointment
- St Vincent's Private Hospital Northside: Tuesday to Friday mornings & alternate Monday mornings.
- Chermside Day Hospital: every second Monday morning.
Dr Benedict Devereaux:
- Consultations: St Vincent's Private Hospital Northside only
- Procedures: St Vincent's Private Hospital Northside, Chermside Day Hospital (once a week) & North West Hospital (once a month)
Dr Patrick Walsh:
- Consultations: St Vincent's Private Hospital Northside & Chermside Day Hospital (once a month)
- Procedures: St Vincent's Private Hospital Northside, Chermside Day Hospital (once a month) & North West Hospital (once a month)
Dr Tom Zhou:
- Consultations : St Vincent's Private Hospital Northside, Chermside Day Hospital, St Andrews Hospital & North Lakes Consulting Suites
- Procedures: St Vincent's Private Hospital Northside, St Andrews Hospital, Chermside Day Hospital (once a month), North West Hospital (once a month) & North Lakes Day Hospital (once a month)